a 10-Year Journey of Respiratory Advancements
In 2009, RESTECH team played a pivotal role in advancing respiratory physiology by publishing one of the first daily series of oscillometry measurements collected at home by unsupervised elderly patients2.
In 2013, RESTECH made a significant contribution to the advancement of respiratory physiology with the launch of the first medical device for home oscillometry, RESMON PRO DIARY. By empowering patients to measure oscillometry at home, this innovative device enabled researchers to study daily oscillometry fluctuations for the first time, enabling new research fields.
Since then, daily use of RESTECH home oscillometry has consistently demonstrated high feasibility and the ability to provide high-quality data with adherence rates exceeding 85% at nine months1,3.
The integration of RESTECH home oscillometry with real-time AI based algorithms has proven highly effective in analyzing daily data fluctuations enabling:
- the detection of COPD exacerbations up to three days before evident respiratory symptoms3
- identification of subjects with asthma with and accuracy of 0.91, significantly better than other more traditional techniques such as peak flowmeters4
- identification of future asthma acute events with an accuracy of 94%5
RESTECH AI-based algorithms for the early identification of COPD exacerbation have been validated by a European multicenter clinical trial1. The study demonstrated the following benefits:
- A remarkable 54% reduction in the risk of rehospitalization.
- A significant decrease in the average length of hospital stays, from four days to just one day.
- Notably effective results for elderly COPD patients with a history of severe exacerbations and those with cardiac comorbidities.